St. Mary’s Parish is extremely blessed to have as its Pastor, Father Rory T. Conley, who not only holds Doctoral degree in Church History from the Catholic University of America but was appointed Historian for the entire Archdiocese of Washington in 1999.

+ Expand All

1915

School Sisters of Notre Dame arrive to open new schools
Two new schools open

1924

Holy Name Rallies at St. Mary’s Church

1936

Archbishop Curley visits parish

2008

Rectory Building Remolded
Cemetery Research Committee established
Church doors refurbished

2009

Parish website was developed
Parish Council reestablished
Interior of church repainted
Flooring inside of church refurbished
Religious Goods Store added in church foyer

Please note that more dates will be added to this list as this site is developed.  Much of the information above was taken from the book Common Bond – St. Mary’s Church, Bryantown, Maryland which was authored by John E. Potyraj and published in 1993 by Steeple Press on the Bicentennial Anniversary of St. Mary’s Catholic Church.  Many of the dates and descriptions of events noted on this web page were taken from Pages 97 and 98 of the book.  We are extremely grateful to have this book available as a resource.